For Immediate Release
Email | (404) 641-6170
Emerge Scholarships Now Open to Georgia Women
ATLANTA (March 22, 2017) – Applications are open for the 2017 Emerge Scholarships available to Georgia women whose educations have been delayed or interrupted because of personal hardships or challenges such as divorce, illness, or financial circumstances. The scholarships, up to $5,000, are for eligible undergraduate degrees.
The submission deadline is April 21, 2017.
“There are many women in Georgia who could benefit from this scholarship, which helps women who have overcome obstacles and given back to their communities,” said Stacy Sollenberger, co-president of Emerge. “This helps them cross the finish line, get their degree and achieve their career goals.”
Since 2001, Emerge has empowered 100 women by providing more than $500,000 in academic scholarships. These educational experiences, combined with encouragement and support provided by Emerge volunteers, give women the opportunity to advance professionally and become self-sufficient for themselves, their families and communities.
Last year, seven women from Stone Mountain to Dalton received scholarships to finish their degrees in nursing, marketing and biology, among other majors. Watch their stories here.
To apply for a 2017 scholarship, click here. For more information, contact or call (404) 477-5808.
Since 2001, Emerge, a Georgia non-profit organization, has empowered 100 women through education by providing more than $500,000 in academic scholarships. These educational experiences, combined with encouragement and support provided by Emerge volunteers, give women the opportunity to advance professionally and become self-sufficient for not only themselves, but also for their families and communities.
Emerge supports Georgia women who have demonstrated a deep commitment to reaching their educational goals and give back to their communities. Through the scholarships granted, women are able to realize their dreams and generate ripples of change in the world. For more information about Emerge, please visit www.emergescholarships.org.
Press Release Archive
- Oct — Seven Women Receive Emerge Scholarships to Pursue Their College Education
- May — Fox 5's Good Day Atlanta - KSU student earns business degree after 33 years of hardships
- May — CW's Focus Atlanta
- May — Mashable - This mom's graduation dream is 33 years in the making
- May — The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Georgia women beat hardships, earn scholarships
- April — Emerge Helps Women Pursue College Degrees
- April — Scholarship program empowers women to complete education
- October — Nonprofit Organization - "Emerge" - Empowers Women Through Education
- April — Sponsors Support Possible Woman Foundation International Scholarship
- March — Gala Honors Possible Woman Foundation International Scholarship Recipients
- January — Possible Woman Foundation International Announces New Officers